To: yaesu <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-60R PARTS HELP NEEDED
From: Fred <ke5htb@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 02:45:50 -0500

1st off I have a nice ft-60r and love it so much and use it daily and
thats when my problem happened.
I placed the radio in my glove box in car and somehow the squelch knob
broke off the center pin.
yaesu sells the switches itself but not the pcb vr-unit anymore. I would
like to find the complete unit and replace what I have now completely
and then buy a switch to fix the other board and have a complete backup
pcb setup as I know it IS going to happen again I know that.

My problem is Yaesu does not sell them they said in a order email to
them for part numbers.

here is the part numbers and what I would like to purchase. 1 of each of

Here is what we currently have in stock:

J60800236   POT. TP76N00N 20KA/SW             $8.45    IN STOCK
Q9000739    ROTARY ENCODER TP76D96E20         $12.50   IN STOCK
CB2776001   AH017M000 VR-UNIT **OBSOLETE***   $15.40   Discontinued

Unfortunately the VR-Unit is the only way to get the printed circuit board
which has been discontinued.  All we have is just the pots by themselves.

I am hoping maybe somebody has a broken ft-60r with a good vr-unit setup and
wishes to sell it or if I have to purchase a parts radio it be ok also. I can
afford to replace the radio and with the 1 switch broken it sure is hard to
reprogram it and everything that the knob uses.
I am a disabled ham and do use thios radio when I am in my small shop outside
and in my car or anywhere outside and just love the radio itself. has been a
great radio.
just them switches are not the best in the world for durability I think. it
didnt take much for it to snap off right at the edge in the center of the knob.
I can still use the squelch side as that part is ok. I just can not do any of
the other functions I need to reprogram it. can not even use the program on PC
cause I can not get to the correct menu on the radio to get it in prg
mode/clone I think it is called.

OR does anyone have a suggestion on how to reprogram the radio via PC without
having access to this setup menu.
myself I am lost here. I can clear it out and program by 1 at a time and all of
that but I have aprox 20+ to put in and it would take me a month to complete
due to disabilities.

if anyone knows a dealer or place to purchase this parts other then yaesu
please let me know. I just need the full VR-UNIT mainly and I can order the new
pot from yaesu and fix the 2nd unit for backup is my plans.

PLEASE ANY help is greatly appreciated

Fred Rugar

Yaesu mailing list