[Yaesu] FT-1000MP CAT problem

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000MP CAT problem
From: "Steve Daniel" <nn4t@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 18:09:33 -0500
Good evening. I took a nearby lightning strike which damaged the motherboard to
my computer. I thought all was well when I fixed that but I find that my 1000MP
is no longer communicating with DXBase and my computer. I do not see the CAT
light going on. I have checked the communication parameters and they seem to be
in order. I also checked the manual to see if the CAT has a separate control to
initiate it but I find nothing. All this leads me to believe the computer
interface in the radio was damaged. If, however, someone out there has a
thought or something else I might check before sending the radio off for
evaluation and repair I would love to hear it. Thanks! Steve Daniel, NN4T