Re: [Yaesu] Quadra

Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Quadra
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2013 03:34:08 -0400
On 8/17/2013 2:10 AM, Adam Farson wrote:
Hi Roger,

Band Data 2 (which plugs into the FTDX-5000 TX REQ jack) is required for the
F SET and TUNE functions, which both operate by keying the exciter. If the
Quadra is not tracking the band selection on the FTDX-5000, there may be a
common/ground return issue.

That's what I've been thinking also and have spent the last two hours making ground cables. I only have one working hand so its slowed me down a little<:-))

73

Roger (K8RI)

I use my Quadra with two Icom exciters. Band Data 2 is connected to ACC2
Pins 2/3. Band Data 1 is not used. PTT and ALC are connected via a stereo
RCA-ended cable.

73, Adam VA7OJ/AB4OJ