AB6FO CW WPX Score & Comments

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: AB6FO CW WPX Score & Comments
From: KWIDELITZ@delphi.com (KWIDELITZ@delphi.com)
Date: Mon, 27 May 1996 12:59:32 -0500 (EST)
                  CQ WORLD WIDE PREFIX CONTEST -- 1996

      Call: AB6FO                    Country:  United States
      Mode: CW                       Category: SOHP

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80       37      180   4.9        4
       40      516     2332   4.5      139
       20      727     1280   1.8      392
       15       41       86   2.1       16
       10        1        0   0.0        0
     --------------------------------------

     Totals   1322     3878   2.9      551  =   2,136,778

Club Affiliation: Southern California Contest Club

Soapbox:

Lowlights:

Running out of guys to work on Sunday, since you just can't  work
'em  on  10  and 15. Reminded me of  Sunday  afternoon  during  a
Sweepstakes.

Sending  the family away for the weekend, but not  kenneling  the
not quite one year old dog. He was so lonely from being stuck  in
the dog run, that he kept waking me up during my sleep breaks.

The clueless US stations who called me on 3 bands.

No JA run early Sunday AM on 40.

Very few SA stations on 15 and nary a one on 10.

Highlights:

40 meter JA run Saturday early AM lasted until almost 1600Z.

20  meter JA run Saturday night. There were lots of  low  numbers
from  JAs so I thought I would have a great 40 meter  run  Sunday
morning,  but the guys I worked late Saturday night on  10  never
made it to 40.

FR/DL1VJ  called ME Sunday morning on 40. It took a long time  to
get  the  call, in fact, I couldn't do it the first time  and  he
called  me again later. 3DA0NX also called me early Sunday AM  on
40.

20 was open to Europe from the west coast almost all day. But  it
seemed  like  it was only open for a handful of the  big  gun  EU
stations, and they were "watery" most of the time.

Beating  last  year's  score by 350k  with  worse  conditions.  I
improved  my offtime stategy by going through to 1600Z the  first
night  and only taking 1 hour off the second night.  Should  have
gone  longer  Sunday  AM and taken off the last 4  hours  of  the
contest though. Last four hour rates were 8, 13, 11 and 13.

73. Ken, AB6FO, KWIDELITZ@DELPHI.COM