W2GD 160M CW SCORE

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: W2GD 160M CW SCORE
From: 0004504465@mcimail.com (Eugene Walsh)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 96 16:43 EST
              W2GD 160M CONTEST

MULTI OP: W2GD, NS2K, K2TW, WA2SRQ, WU3A,
          KU2C, WA2MKM, N2AA

USCG STATION SANDY HOOK, NJ (Right in the middle of nowhere!)

ANTS: Put up on Sunday, 14 Jan

      DELTA LOOP AT 200 FEET (TOP)

      INV VEE FM 110 FEET (DIDN'T WORK)-
      CHANGED ON SAT TO HALF WAVE SLOPER FM 200 FEET.
      (That Worked)

      4 Beverages

2200 Friday; Contest Started.

             We briefly communicated with as many people
             as we could in as many places possible.

1600 Sunday; Contest ended, took down antennas. We counted up:

             1515 QSO   70 DXCC  58 S/P   SCORE 837K

Low points;  Big Storm, 50 knot winds, 2 loop failures
             due to water in feed point!  Frantic repairs
             in raging winds.  Angry seas all around.

High Points; Big Storm, 50 knot winds, 2 loop failures
             due to water in feed point!  Frantic repairs
             in raging winds.  Angry seas all around.

Thanks to all for a super good time!

              N2AA