[3830] W3TB 1C CT

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W3TB 1C CT
From: bogus@does.not.exist.com ()
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 17:23:02 EDT
 2001 ARRL FIELD DAY

     Call used: W3TB                                           Location: CT

     Category: 1C -- QRP Mobile           Mode: ALL               Power: 5W

     Callsign of Operator: W3TB

     If multi-operator, show calls of all operators and loggers:

                                        W3TB and K3YD

     Exchanged Information: W3TB 1C CT

     Hours of Operation: 23:22

               CW       CW      SSB      SSB      FSK      FSK
     band    QSOs      pts     QSOs      pts     QSOs      pts
     160        0        0        0        0        0        0
      80       40      400        0        0        0        0
      40      160     1600        0        0        0        0
      30        0        0        0        0        0        0
      20      161     1610        2       10        0        0
      17        0        0        0        0        0        0
      15        0        0        0        0        0        0
      12        0        0        0        0        0        0
      10        0        0        0        0        0        0
     TOTAL    361     3610        2       10        0        0    SCORE:
3,620

     Club or Team Name: Good Sloop "Honah Lee"

     Comments:
      Operated from the 27' sailboat Honah Lee at anchor in the harbor
        of Noank, Connecticut, with QRP and battery power.
      Rig was a Ten-Tec Argosy set for QRP.  All QSOs except 2 were CW.
     For the antenna, we loaded the (steel cable) forestay of the sailboat
with a  tuner,and it worked surprisingly well on 80-20 meters.  For ground
we
    trailed     radials in the saltwater.  There were some  mechanical
problems with   the 10~15 meter antenna and we lost it on   installation.
Back to the drawing     board!
     Weather held out; only a few light showers between 0600 and 1000 Z
Sunday.
    Good time had by both operators, and we beat our 1999 score from RI by
8%!