OI6KZP WPX result in rookie class

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: OI6KZP WPX result in rookie class
From: kim@emil.multi.fi (Kim Östman)
Date: Wed, 29 May 1996 11:11:21 +0300
Hello contesters !

   Well, my third WPX CW is over, and a new record for me is born. This was
my last possible shot at the Rookie class. The conditions seemed to be
average, but especially 40 meters was good. With all the K's, W's and DX i
heard there saturday morning (I want a beeamm!!!) it was nice to get some
6-pointers. 20 meters was packed as always, but sometimes i was able to find a
hole to CQ in.

   My operating time was about 28 hours, most of it on saturday. Sunday morning
when i awoke at 5.30am local time, i felt my nose wasn't very open anymore.
On monday morning i woke up with a terrible headache and temperature. So no
school for me in two days. Better luck next time, hi!!

   Thanks to everyone for the QSOs, CU agn !

73 de Kim, OI6KZP (OH6KZP)

Here follows the summary :
-----------------

                       CQ WORLD WIDE WPX CONTEST  1996

      Call: OI6KZP (op. OH6KZP)      Country:  Finland
      Mode: CW                       Category: Single Operator All Band
                                               High Power Rookie Class

      BAND     QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/Q PREFIXES

      160        0        0   0.0        0
       80      123      264   2.1       31
       40      160      402   2.5       69
       20      546      913   1.7      298
       15       80      107   1.3       28
       10       27       29   1.1        6

     Totals    936     1715   1.8      432  =   740,880

Equipment Description:

TS-140S, AL-80A (600W out), 4 el. tribander (A4) up 15m, dipoles 40 & 80