[3830] CQWW CW W6EEN SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6EEN SOAB HP
From: kwidelitz@gtemail.net (kwidelitz@gtemail.net)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 14:51:14 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: W6EEN
Operator(s): K6LA
Station: W6EEN

Class: SOAB HP
Operating Time (hrs): 46+

  160:     22     12     13
   80:    120     19     33
   40:    851     33     93
   20:    313     32     14
   15:    707     32     91
   10:    834     30     87
-------------------------------
Total:   2847    158    391  =  4380471

Comments:

This was my first SOAB as a guest op at a "super station." I wish I could have
been in two places at once, because I would have loved to see how my home
station played vs. W6EEN. I'll say this, Don, W6EEN and his XYL, Phyllis, get a
#1 World award for hospitality.

The W6EEN 40 meter antenna has to be heard to be believed. I've never run EU on
40 before from CA.

I fell short of my goal of beating the zone 3 record and of making 3000 QSOs,
but this is far and away the best I've done in CQWW CW.

It seemed to me there was an endless supply of JAs, but not as many Carib
stations on as in the past. My biggest mistake was being seduced by 10 meters
to the detriment of 20 meters.

73, Ken, K6LA