[3830] K8MAD Field Day 2-A

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K8MAD Field Day 2-A
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com (Jimk8mr@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:07:34 EDT
Mad River Radio Club,  K8MAD,  2A  Ohio

             CW            SSB           Total
80         358             227             585
40         692             662             1354
20         563             204             767
15         81               76              157
10         21               31              52
6           3                153             156
2           1                13               14

All         1719           1366           3085

       9608 + 600 Bonus

Station 1:  IC-756, Dipoles    40/15
Station 2:  IC-746, Dipoles    80/20/10
VHF:         FT-847      4L 6M @22 ft, 13B2@ 27 ft.

It was a good year for Field Day in Ohio, hot but no rain for the first time
in about 5 years.  Plenty of short skip on the high bands and reasonably
quiet low bands made for good RF conditions as well.

We use dipoles/inverted vees on HF, average maximum height of about 60 ft.  I
spend a couple of hours on Friday shooting lines into the trees, but the rest
of the setup began about 9 am on Saturday.  We were driving out at 3:00 pm on
Sunday.

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---