[3830] ARRL SS SSB W4NF SO Unlimited

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB W4NF SO Unlimited
From: w4nf@aol.com (w4nf@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 09:02:02 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: W4NF
Operator(s): W4NF
Station: W4NF

Class: SO Unlimited
Section: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:      0
   80:    440
   40:    427
   20:    218
   15:     85
   10:    130
-------------------------------
Total:   1300 x     80  =  208,000

Club: PVRC

Comments:

This past week I went and checked on my 80 meter dipole.  Good thing I did as
half of it was on the ground.  Saturday morning I had it all fixed in a 55'
flat top confiruration.  It worked great on Saturday night/Sunday morning
producing high rates.  I had my Sweep in 10 hours which is a first for me. This
was with most of the sections calling me while I was running.  I did have to go
find VY1JA (thanks Jay for being there!) and a few others. I found alot of
activity on the bands and even had some people give me a Q that weren't in the
contest (after talking them through the exchange).  I had a great time and this
was my best score ever.  Thanks for the Qs. 73, Jack W4NF

W4NF Station

Rig: FT 1000MP, Amp: Alpha 374A, NA v10.43,W9XT Contest card, WX0B Stackmatch
Antennas: 20/15/10 - (2) Force12 C3E @87' and 57'(bottom fixed NE)
                     (1) CC A3S at 35' fixed on South
          40 - CC 40-2CD @75'
          80 - Dipole @ 55' and 1/4 WL Vertical over 32 radials
          160 - 1/4 WL Inverted L over same 32 radials as 80 Mtr Vertical