[3830] CQWW CW K0OU SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0OU SOAB HP
From: km0l@tfs.net (km0l@tfs.net)
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 20:45:05 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: K0OU
Operator(s): K0OU
Station: K0OU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: 04
Operating Time (hrs): 31:19
Radios: SO2R

  160:      4      1      2
   80:     29     11     16
   40:    179     21     62
   20:    266     28     87
   15:    416     33     86
   10:    370     29     79
-------------------------------
Total:   1264    123    332  =  1,631,630

Club/Team: Kansas City DX Club

Comments:

Rig 1: TS-940S, Alpha 374 ->C4SXL at 65'
       166 Mhz pentium w/NA10
Rig 2: TS-930S, TL-922A -> HyTower vert, 160M invL
       486 desktop w/NA10 networked

Although I decided to work the contest I decided that I would not work
hard- thus a little over 31 hours operating time. Slept both nights and still
did chores around the house, between contacts :-) .
High point was working VU2WAI and VU2WAP within 3 minutes of each other on 20
meters. Then worked 8Q7WW in the last 10 minutes of the contest.
Low points: missed zones 23, 34, 36, and 39. Did not hear them anywhere. Had to
cut my 10 meter time short because I was wiping the neighbor's sterio system
out. :-( Also, the radio went into oscelation (sp) on 40 meters when driving
the linear, so most of the 40 meter Q's were barefoot, or on the 2nd radio.
Overall, I just wanted to work the neat stuff on the bands, and I succeded
nicely. Lotsa good DX and rare, exotic stuff is now in the log.
Tnx to all for keeping CW alive and well.
73 de K0OU Steve in KC