[3830] NAQP CW WE9V(KB3AFT) SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WE9V(KB3AFT) SO
From: jms403@psu.edu (jms403@psu.edu)
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 20:44:27 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - CW

Call: WE9V
Operator(s): KB3AFT
Station: WE9V

Class: SO LP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:    122     42
   80:    133     44
   40:    160     47
   20:    153     46
   15:     91     38
   10:     60     32
----------------------
Total:    719    249  =  179,031

Club/Team: SMC 1

Comments:

Many thanks to Chad/WE9V and his wife for letting an east coaster invade the
station for a day.  Hadn't even been a resident of IL for 48 hours at the start
of the 'test.  Never expected to be operating a contest my first weekend in the
black hole, from a great station no less!  Gotta thank Paul/K9PG for helping me
find a chair for NAQP CW and hooking me up with WE9V.

Used Writelog for the first time...very cool program.  I couldn't have picked a
better name to use in this one!

Big difference between operating in PA vs. WI.  160 was outrageous!

Got so fixated with the second radio that I let the main rig's rate slip at
times...really hurt the overall Q total...also messed up my off
times...couldn't get all the off time in before darkness set in.

73

Jim KB3AFT/9