[3830] WPX CW NN4X SOSB10 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NN4X SOSB10 HP
From: nn4x@evcom.net (nn4x@evcom.net)
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 23:30:30 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQWW WPX - CW

Call: NN4X
Operator(s): NN4X
Station: NN4X

Class: SOSB10 HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:   1221
-------------------------------
Total:   1221 x    558  =  1,620,432

Club: * * NO CLUB AFFILIATION * *

Comments:

NN4X -- EL-98 -- CENTRAL FLORIDA -- UNITED STATES OF AMERICA --

Equipment Description:
Yaesu FT-1000MP
Alpha 77SX

Force 12 Magnum 810 @ 140', rotating
Hy-Gain 104BAS @ 117', rotating
Cushcraft 10-4CD fixed South
KLM 10M6 fixed West
6/6 - KLM 10M6, stacked side mount rotating
5/5/5/5  Cushcraft XM-510 stack, fixed on EU

Comments:
This was a shake-down for the latest - and last for awhile, I hope - iteration
of the station.

I haven't done a contest seriously in a couple of years due to the station's
build-out, and it sure showed.  I couldn't believe how rusty my ears were on
Saturday!  Also, I had a significant power-line noise problem on Saturday
morning, and that didn't help the situation.  I got pretty frustrated, and took
some off times during the day to go work in the yard, and later on, to run to
the grocery store.

However, Sunday dawned a new day; the power-line noise was significantly lower,
and in addition, I'd found a way to get around some of the noise problem with
one of the other new antennas, my ears were in much  better shape, and
conditions seemed MUCH better than Saturday.

Overall, I had fun, but wish I could get a "do over" for Saturday.