[3830] CQWW CW C4W(5B4WN) SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW C4W(5B4WN) SOAB HP
From: 5b4wn@qsl.com (5b4wn@qsl.com)
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 19:08:43 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: C4W
Operator(s): 5B4WN
Station: 5B4ES

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Cyprus
Operating Time (hrs): 41
Radios: SO2R

  160:    200      8     41
   80:    500     14     55
   40:    727     24     80
   20:    797     29     78
   15:    797     32     91
   10:   1099     32    106
-------------------------------
Total:   4120    139    451  =  6,856,980

Club/Team: APHRODITE  Contest Group

Comments:

RIG:
FT1000MP x2 (CATx1+1 deadt cat)(thanx 5B4ES)
Alpha 78 + Heathkit SB1000 (thanx 5B4XF)
5B4AFM modified SO2R box
MM-3
Writelog V10.22

ANT:
TH5 @ 20m and A3S@6m (thanks 5b4ADA)
40-2CD
80m sloper NW
160m inv V

Made it back home just in time for the contest. My old school station (5B4ES)
agreed to host me again. Spent 5 days running around and trying to organise
myself. Guess what, I was still erecting antennas 5 hours before the contest! I
never learn.
My innovative change this year was the addition of a second radio (and the A3S
to go with it). Was it worth it? Well..... I think it was.

The contest found me a bit rusty on my CW skills at first, but after a few
hours things improved. The 2nd radio was extremely helpful with moving mults
with minimum keystrokes.

Final result stands above. Perhaps I should have run a bit more than I did but
I had great fun this way too. Better luck next year eh? I'LL BE BACK!

Marios
5B4WN/C4W