[3830] ARRL10 N4ZR SO Mixed HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 N4ZR SO Mixed HP
From: n4zr@contesting.com (n4zr@contesting.com)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 21:27:11 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N4ZR
Operator(s): N4ZR
Station: N4ZR

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 30

   CW:   1369    131
  SSB:    676    117
----------------------
Total:   2045    248  =  1,693,344

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

My first real effort in an ARRL 10M.  What can you say about a contest that
your wife LOVES?  Too bad the sunspot cycle won't stay like it is forever,
because this was a blast!

S9-plus line noise Friday night stopped about 1900Z on Saturday, but basic line
noise floor at S7 on SSB was a problem throughout.  But who's complaining --
nothing quit during the contest, and I did better than I ever expected.  There
seemed to be a shortage of "deep" Asia -- beyond Japan -- and not much heard
from Africa or South Asia, either, but lots of activity from Europe and JA.