[3830] ARRL10 KA0CT M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 KA0CT M/S HP
From: W0AH@AOL.COM (W0AH@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 12:11:42 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KA0CT
Operator(s): KA0CT, W5JQ, AA0NW, W0AH, ANDY GREEN
Station: W0AH

Class: M/S HP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   CW:
  SSB:   1031    102
----------------------
Total:   1031    102  =  212,160

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

The OM, W0AH, took the weekend off and invited locals over to use the station.
Craig, KA0CT, operated almost 10 hours (maintaing a Q-rate over 100) and Jay,
W5JQ, operated about an hour on SSB, plus another hour on CW using his own
call, and I operated a few minutes.  Jay is a high school physics teacher
(former geologist and professional baseball player) whose student, Andy Green,
also operated a little.  Andy a several of his classmates are studying theory
AND code with Jay and hope to be licensed soon. Don, AA0NW, observed and will
be lending his call and operating a little in the WPX.  Besides operating,on
Saturday afternoon, Jay and I put a 10M 3el beam up on the new 48' tower a few
feet above the 15M monobander.  This helped because the other 10M antenna, my
old KT34XA, was not rotatable (fixed on Europe).  The high winds here broke the
gears in my Yaesu G-1000 in September and the ring gear in my Tailtwister this
past week.  At least I can fix the Tailtwister myself.  It will be the third
time I have had to replace the ring gear. And you think your QTH is windy!  I
did a little QRP operation with my own call Sunday morning working a few QRP
band-countries and JY9NX for a new QRP country.
It was good to have some new blood use the station.  I think everyone had fun.
Doug  W0AH