[3830] ARRL10 K5MDX M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 K5MDX M/S HP
From: rocker@datasync.com (rocker@datasync.com)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 20:00:32 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K5MDX
Operator(s): WQ5L, W5UE, N5FG, N5ID, KK5EW
Station: N5FG

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs): 28

   CW:   1202    127
  SSB:    840    132
----------------------
Total:   2042    259  =  1,680,392

Club: Magnolia DX Assn

Comments:

A fun time was had by old hands and rookies alike. This contest remains my
personal favorite of them all. Our QSO total including dupes was 2075, exactly
same as last year - what were the chances of that? Conditions were indeed quite
similar to last year with respect to timing of openings and the complete lack
of E skip. As others have noted, the band shut down each evening like a door
slamming shut.

For the third year in a row, we fell one short of sweeping the 50 states on
both modes. This year Nebraska on CW was the no show. (1999 was NM on phone,
2000 was WV on phone)

Thanks to Floyd N5FG for hosting once again this year.

-- Ray WQ5L

p.s. I am happy that for once the Saints drew a Monday night game instead of
Sunday afternoon during the contest.