[3830] ARRLDX SSB WN3VAW SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB WN3VAW SOAB LP
From: wn3vaw@arrl.net (wn3vaw@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 11:35:46 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: WN3VAW
Operator(s): WN3VAW
Station: WN3VAW

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    0     0
   80:   27    23
   40:   45    35
   20:  115    55
   15:  164    62
   10:  194    58
-------------------
Total:  545   233  Total Score = 380,955

Club: Wireless Association of South Hills

Comments:

This is the best solo effort I have done in the Phone contest in at least 15
years, very possibly ever (not bad for a barefoot TS-140S, a vertical, and time
limited due to family obligations!).  Astounding how often 10 & 15 are open late
when no one is on to notice!

Only missed three stations I really wanted (XW0, OD5 & 9V1).

I was stunned to learn right after the contest that a close friend, Ted W4ZE &
fellow club member, creamed me outright in QSO's, mults & points; but since he
was HP Assisted, I guess that's to be expected!  And now I have a new goal to
shoot for in next year's contest:  Beat Ted!

73, ron wn3vaw