[3830] Commonwealth VE7FO Restricted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VE7FO Restricted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 01:25:48 -0800
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest, CW

Call: VE7FO
Operator(s): VE7FO
Station: VE7FO

Class: Restricted HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 3

------------
   80:
   40:  12
   20:  10
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  22  Total Score = 1,980

Club: British Columbia DX Club

Comments:

I decided to give BERU a miss this year as my wife was complaining about all the
contest time.  Did enter the RTTY Sprint as it is only 4 hrs.  When she went to
bed on Sat night (shortly before 0600Z  2200 Local)  I thought I'd give a listen
to see if I could hear any BERU activity.  I was astonished to find 20 open,
particularly with good sigs from VE3 and VE6.  I thought I detected a little
hesitation on the part of the ops as I gave them nr 001 and 002 respectively, 4
hrs before the end.  Then some ZLs and VKs then to 40 with some Caribs, ZLs and,
to my utter astonishment, GM3POI and a much weaker G4BUO.  I don't get out well
on 40 so that was pretty exciting.  40 should be a lot better when I get the C4
up.

Last Q, #22, was on 20 at an amazing 0738Z.  ZF2NT.  He was 30 over 9 here and
the only signal on the band.