[3830] RTTY WPX NO2T SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, no2t@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY WPX NO2T SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 12:05:30 -0800
                    CQ WW RTTY WPX Contest

Call: NO2T
Operator(s): NO2T
Station: NO2T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 28
Radios: SO2R

   80:  202   586
   40:  174   600
   20:  361   691
   15:  234   482
   10:   60   156
-----------------
Total: 1031  2515  Prefixes = 394  Total Score = 990,910

Club: 1070 Repeater Assoc.

Comments:

Good contest. Lots of new calls, but many off frequency as much as 120 Hz. Maybe
others further off that were not spotted. Guess they need to learn how to use
their "AFC" control properly.
     Started with N1MM's Logger but after some 200 Q's switched to Writelog. Too
many crashes with MMTTY when used with N1MM. Noticed that the Soundcard located
in an "ISA" slot never gave me any problem. On the other hand the card plugged
into a "PCI" slot would crash about every 50 to 100 Q's. If the card(in the PCI
slot) was connected to "Radio #2" could send but not receive, until the window
was closed and then reopened. If the card (PCI) was connected to "Radio #1) had
to reboot the entire program. Chaanging the "priority" level in MMTTY did not
change things much.  Using Win98SE with plenty of memory. Pretty sure that it is
a Windoz problem not N1MM, Writelog, or MMTTY. Maybe the trouble lies in how the
OS handles PCI interrupts vs ISA???
Thanks for the Q's. Wish I had been able to equal previous scores but it was not
to be.
               73 de Jerry NO2T