[3830] BARTG VA7ST SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG VA7ST SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 18:34:52 -0800
                    BARTG Spring RTTY Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 17.15

   80:   27         13
   40:   52         20
   20:  160         51
   15:   53         28
   10:    1          1
------------------------
Total:  293   0    113  Total Score = 164,980

Club:

Comments:

Rig: FT920
     N1MM Logger 3.0.216
Ant: DF4SA spider beam at 30', 40m vee and 80m dipole at 30'

I think this is the second time in the past year that I have been trying to work
VE9DX as the clock ticked past the end of the content. Sorry we couldn't make it
in time, Andy.

All right. This was DEFINITELY my last contest from the old home base. Will miss
it, but not the radio performance from here. That said, this final kick at the
can was fantastic, as far as I am concerned -- everything seemed a bit more
successful than I've experience from here.

By the time I packed things in on Friday night, I was at last year's QSO count
of Sunday morning. I beat my 2003 point total on Saturday, and at 1833z Sunday
morning I hit 206 Qs for 100,000 pts. Last year's total score was 50,375 pts.

Worked 5 continents -- and heard CN8KD a couple of times but couldn't work
him.

For comparison:

      QSOs  DX  Areas   Conts   Points
2003   155  26     36       5    50375
2004   293  46     67       5   164980

Highlights:
==================================

Being called by VK4UC off the back of the beam on 20m for 1st OC (thanks
John!)

Being called by OH2BP on 40m... Kari must have some big antennas. Not the first
time he has surprised me with the only polar signal to be heard

Working ZL2AMI on 10m -- only 10m QSO of the contest (thanks Bob!)

Getting a call from A45WD on 20m. I know there's a gap in the mountains to the
north, but it's always a nice surprise to see the impact of that open path from
here.

Calling CQ at 10-degrees and actually getting a response! That was neat. TU to
DL1YD, OH4MCV, F8RZ and OK2PCL. First time a CQ to EU has ever paid off.

Working NP4BM on 15 and 20. Nice signals both times, with waning propagation.

At 2301z Sunday I reached 100 Qs more than last year, for 138,000 pts. I pressed
on, watching the score climb by 500 points or more per contact.

In the final 15 minutes I went from 40m to 20m to see if I could raise the 287
Qs past 300 but it wasn't in the cards. Ended up with 293. I am very pleased
with that.

Thanks for all the contacts, and I hope to work everyone again soon from the new
QTH.

73, Bud, VA7ST