[3830] FlQP NO5W SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP NO5W SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 15:34:46 -0700
                    Florida QSO Party

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   40:   29     0
   20:  225     0
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  254     0  CW Mults = 65  Ph Mults = 0  Total Score = 33,020

Club: Northwest Houston ARS

Comments:

Another great party by the FCG and a fitting tribute to OJ.

It was my best effort so far with about a 50% increase in score from last year.
However I was still two shy of sweeping all counties -- darn. With 58 in the log
after the first session I thought I would make it this year although CLR looked
like it might be a problem. Also there were several in the north including CAH,
OKA, GIL, and GUL. Fortunately several mobiles swarmed around GIL and a few
moved in to solve the problem with GIL. CLR was also covered early Sunday
morning and by mid afternoon it was up to W5WMU who I figured was headed back
west to Cajun land and would probably supply OKA and possibly CAH. When W5WMU
showed in GUL I thought that if there was time he would have to pass through OKA
and maybe CAH but apparently time ran out and I was left shy by CAH and OKA, two
of the same ones missed in '03.

Conditions were very good into southeast Texas on Saturday but Sunday was
another matter with a lot of bad weather between here and FL. It was great to
hear all of the activity on CW with some outstanding mobile operators on that
mode including N4KM, N4TO, K4KG, K4BAI, N4BP, and W5WMU. I was often amazed at
the ability of the mobile ops to pull my signals through when their signals were
barely audible on this end. Never heard any trace of the Sunday doldrums as far
as overall activity was concerned.

Highlight of the event was getting several new ones just ahead of K5NZ several
times! Heard a lot of good activity from the W5's going after the OJ plaque
sponsored by Mike.

Hope to hear everyone in the TQP in September.

73, Chuck, NO5W