[3830] ARRL June VHF KB8U Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KB8U Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:36:54 -0700

  3.4:    2     2
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  400   153  Total Score = 81,243

Club:

Comments:

My score was way down from last year, 1296 transmitter was barely functional, 10
GHz was broken and the local microwave rovers stayed off the road this year.  2m
preamp decided to croak mid-QSO on Sunday, sorry if I couldn't hear the weak
ones calling me.  Took a break on Sunday for a bicycle ride and a nap.

The 10 grids and 10 Q's on 902 didn't involve any captive rovers, honest!  In
fact, I didn't work any rovers at all above 432.

The usual mixed bag of propagation again this year.  6 was wide open, but not as
widespread as last year.  I think I worked all the 6m hams in Florida, that Es
cloud didn't seem to budge much and lasted for hour after hour.  Had some nice
tropo to the east on Sunday afternoon, usually it's dead dead dead then.

The important thing is I had lots of fun. My thanks to all who worked me.

Next year I'll make an all-out effort AND have all the stuff working before the
contest... hmm I think I said that last year, too :-)  See you on the bands,
Russell  KB8U