[3830] ARRL FD VE6EX 1A LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD VE6EX 1A LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:02:12 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  940     17      0  Total Score = 3,794

Club:

Comments:

Hi All:
   Thank goodness for cw. We were on a random wire loop for all bands,-- and
phone was pretty hopeless no matter how you look at it. Great fun tho' and our
crew of five held up the Alberta Clipper effort. Looks like around 4200/4300 pts
after I knock off a few dupes and add a few bonus freebees. We made a pretty
good effort for Satellite but did'nt hear a peep.
   See you all for the RAC Canada Day next weekend.

   Setup was:
   Random length loop hung in the pines (bow and arrow job), about 200' long and
maybe 60' up fed up top with ladderline and all band tuner. The bands were
pretty hot, but the loop is a choice for future FD's. Played well on 40, better
than expected. Absolutely nothing heard on 10m.
   Kenwood TS 850sat running off 3 big car batteries and a biggie solar panal to
mostly 70/80 watts. Natural power. Tr log did the work part and we had fun. An
Icom on Sat. UH, oh and a big catalitic heater to sustain life when needed.
   Thanks for the Q's,
   Dan and the crew..