[3830] CQWW CW W5KFT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rb@austin.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W5KFT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:36:15 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W5KFT
Operator(s): K5PI, K5OT, W5ZL, W5TA
Station: W5KFT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   28     9       14
   80:  261    25       76
   40:  633    35      114
   20:  536    37      119
   15:  966    32      121
   10:  242    29       72
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were much better than I expected -- glad it wasn't just the SSB crowd
that had the propagation gods smile on them.  :-)  We worked 40 and 80 hard the
first night, as the noise was low, and signals were good.  We then spent more
time on 20 the next night but never quite got the big EU runs we wanted.  It was
nice to work a lot of JAs this weekend.  We had nice openings to Asia on all
bands.

We couldn't have done it without Cooper's BBQ (yum!) and K1TTT's WinTelnetX
program for packet.  (Thanks to W0YK for the great instructions on how to set it
up for TR.)  I loaded it in the last 20 minutes before the contest started and
it worked like a champ the whole weekend.

Robert K5PI