[3830] IARU ES5TV SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU ES5TV SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:28:34 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: ES5TV
Operator(s): ES5TV
Station: ES5TV

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: Jogeva
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:           45    25
   80:          271    36
   40:          442    58
   20:         1245    80
   15:          334    47
   10:           35    19
---------------------------
Total:   0     2372   265  Total Score = 1,908,000

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Targeted last years winners' (UT5UGR and OK1RI) scores of 2m points and 2300
QSOs. To my surprise managed to exceed the QSO count though closely missing 100
Qs per hour average. Still 10 and 15 were in so bad shape that could not get
enough multipliers to achieve 2m points. 1800 Qs are with EU. Only 11 JAs on all
bands together:) Only 3 US on 15m - K5NA, W5ZL and WQ7X.

I was really happy to start off with 217 Q/h on 20m and that with EU mostly.
That was my personal best so far.

Some of the HQ guys were quite an alligators:) T90HQ did not seem to hear well
on any of the bands. Came CQing on top of me on 80m and could not copy my call
being way over 59. YT0HQ and YR0HQ did not stop their endless CQs on 10m despite
my continous 1KW and 4over4over4over4 efforts:) DA0HQ was a constant beacon on
10m on dead band, incredible. But they also had ears. IC8/IU2HQ had a tremendous
signal on 15m being a beacon there. YR0HQ did not seem to have much of the
communication between stations as I got duped several times both on 20 and 40
meters.

T6KBLRM was really some kind of a call to believe and ZW5B coping me on 80m an
hour after my sunrise is a new type of achivement for me! NU1AW/3 was really
strong on all bands and my only US on 80m right on sunrise.

I don't know who was behind OH_W calls for sure but OH4W seemed to be most
diligent finding me on many bands and I heard him a lot around.

73
tonno
es5tv