[3830] IARU K9NW(@K9UWA) SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9nw@qth.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K9NW(@K9UWA) SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 15:57:53 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    70     6     15
   80:   207    14     30
   40:   306    30     47
   20:   352   241     65
   15:   135    83     45
   10:    46    31     18
---------------------------
Total:  1116   407    220  Total Score = 974,380

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

One radio:  IC-765
One Amp:  Alpha 87A

Decided to try Mixed Mode this time for something different.

Tough condx from NE Indiana.  Only 369 EU and two (2!) JA over all bands.  With
no over-the-pole opening, I missed virtually all of the UA9/0 zones, not to
mention the usual high level of activity from that region.  Had a number of
unsolicited "nice signal" comments from EUs but that never translated into any
kind of "5 pointer" rate.  Lots of one pointers kept the rate counter from
freaking out too bad.  While the mult total is respectable, my overall score is
fairly low.

It was nice to make the all band/mode sweep with NU1AW/3.  Swept W1AW/5 on CW
but only phone QSO was on 80.

IARU is always a good time!

Thanks again, as always, to John and Jean!

73, Mike K9NW