[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K9GY(@K9GY/4) Single Op Port QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, eric.p.hall@us.army.mil
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K9GY(@K9GY/4) Single Op Port QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 05:10:57 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  55     23  Total Score = 1,518

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Many thanks to KC3VO for fixing my FT-817 in time for the contest. He made my
little radio better than before!

Work (aka Hurricane Katrina) kept me from making the trek out to Shenandoah
National Park (FM08) so had to settle on an urban QTH instead. Operated from the
top floor of the open air garage here at the apt complex. It's about 60' or so
up. Initially there was a good amount of noise but then the garage lights went
out and the noise went away...got to love it!

Operated from 0209-0350z, 1247-1431z, and 0103-0235z. So missed all the
excitement that the propagation gods gave us for this one.

Jerry KE9I volunteered to make the 222 transverter (by W1GHZ) for the FT-817. So
I should be able to add that band for the next contest :-) Guess I need to look
at 903 mhz next eh?

I'll be on from FM08 in the 2m Sprint on Monday.

Best of health to all,
Eric