[3830] IARU NG9T(@K8IR) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NG9T(@K8IR) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 06:13:21 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: NG9T
Operator(s): K8IR W9JJC
Station: K8IR

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

  160:    8      4
   80:   46     15
   40:  192     40
   20:  248    118
   15:   62     31
   10:   21      5
---------------------------
Total:  577    213    138  Total Score = 310,776

Club: BAY AREA WIRELESS

Comments:

My 10 year grandson, W9JJC ended up staying with us over the weekend, so a last
minute decision was made to go M/S. He had some fun on phone and the old man
did the CW chores, and some phone when W9JJC went to bed.  He did wake up and
came into the shack at about 3am, and kept me going for an extra hour or so. I
still didn't make the all-nighter, but was there for the finish.

The contest started with lots of WRTC calls on 15, and end with lots of WRTC
calls on 20.  Also worked many of them on 40 during the night. 43 different
WRTC callsigns.

There were some great signals from JA, Asia, and ZL.

First time using N1MM.  It does some strange things when my fat fingers land on
the wrong keys.  I've got some learning to do.

73
Jim K8IR
Joe W9JJC