[3830] IARU W0YK SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0yk@msn.com
Subject: [3830] IARU W0YK SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 07:38:59 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W0YK
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:    1      0      1
   80:   19      1      3
   40:   59     13      9
   20:   25      3     16
   15:   29      8     16
   10:    4      2      5
---------------------------
Total:  137     27     50  Total Score = 29,950

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Thought it would be easy to work all the WRTC-2006 stations ... both modes even.
 Not so.  Antennas fixed at 70 degrees (PY off the side).  Started out LP and
whimped out to HP late Saturday as I struggled to get just a few WRTC stations
in the log on 15 and 20.  Thank goodness for 40 CW where I got 44/46 of them.
But as weak as they were here on all bands, I was impressed at how all of them
came right back to my call.  They were loudest on 40 and peaked there between
2-7Z.  Wish it had been that way on the other bands.  Got them all on CW and
about 20% on SSB.  Still, it was a fun chase.

73,
Ed - W0YK