[3830] IARU K3WW M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K3WW M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 16:28:56 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K3WW
Operator(s): K3WW
Station: K3WW

Class: M/S HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 22.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:    1      0      1
   80:  311     24     32
   40:   69     95     24
   20:   71    129     29
   15:   56     70     14
   10:   49      6     11
---------------------------
Total:  557    324    111  Total Score = 1

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Submitted as CHECKLOG:
My goal was to work as many WRTC stations (and others involved in the
activities)on as many band/modes as possible.  To do this I used packet and did
SO2R S/P and ran where it helped find WRTC guys.  I worked a few loud stations
that I came across during slow times, and tried to answer all callers.
I set up all my antennas pointed at PY, for the whole contest.  Europe was weak
even when the bands were good.  80 turned out to be the big band, since the
antenna is omidirectional, and I had more luck CQing and raising WRTC stations
than S/P there.  I chased spots and tuned other bands while CQing. I tried to
spot every WRTC station I heard that was not already on the cluster.  I watched
the scoreboard all weekend.  I have only the vaguest guesses of a few of the
calls vs the ops.  It was nice being a spectator of the contest, helping the
participants, and seeing what it is like to not be LOUD into Europe from here.
Overall results:   BAND/MODE
             3  ---- 9
            17 ------8
             6 ------6
             4-------5
             1-------4
That translates to 206 CW QSOs and 122 SSB QSOs  with
all 46 worked on 40 and 15 CW  and 45 worked on 15 SSB  plus almost all worked
on a few other bands.  One was missed on SSB but worked 4 times on CW.
Everyone sounded good, no one was always louder than the others from band to
band or time to time.

73 Chas K3WW