[3830] IARU W0BH SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU W0BH SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:48:00 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:   23      7      7
   80:   92      2     13
   40:  210     34     24
   20:  189    801     62
   15:   46     93     12
   10:   17     24      8
---------------------------
Total:  577    961    126  Total Score = 547,596

Club:

Comments:

Wasn't planning on staying up all night or I wouldn't have stayed up until 2:00
am the night before! Woke up anyway at 6:45am (contest started at 7:00),
decided to check out the bands and it went from there .. too much fun to quit.
Sorry for the CW marble-mouth equivalent morning greeting, Steve (K0OU) .. now
you know why!

With my antennas down for the summer storm season, I just had a tribander and
dipole set and nothing that would tune on 80SSB. The bands were amazingly quiet
for Kansas in the summer. Did have one small thunderstorm come through late
Saturday evening but we really needed the rain and no close lightning so I
can't complain. Hearing wasn't really a problem but I knew low band mults would
be a problem and they were. Heard but couldn't always work. A big surprise was
working ZL6QH on 80 and 160 early Saturday morning (he was louder on 160).

Especially enjoyed working the WRTC stations. The PT/PW teams did an amazing
job and I spent some time just listening to them show us all how it should be
done. It was fun comparing their operating styles. W1AW/4 and NU1AW/8 were loud
everywhere, even when no one else was.

Haven't stayed up for 24 hours for quite some time but I survived nicely and
would/will definately do it again!

73, Bob, w0bh