[3830] NCCC Sprint(7-14) N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(7-14) N3BB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 20:24:03 -0700
                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (7-14)

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  21     12
   20:  33     14
-------------------
Total:  54     26  Total Score = 1,404

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Weirdest NA ever for me from here! No contacts on either 80 or 160 meters. Zero
heard on 80, although I CQed for five minutes on 3540 on the 2nd radio with
"free CQs." Perhaps I was deaf! Band noise was high on 80 but didn't seem that
bad. I never even listened on 160 due to nil on 80. I had trouble hearing on 40
as well. Sorry to all for alligator-itis tonight. My brain still must be
cluttered with the IARU fog.

Ten minute segments were 22-17-15 and I had visions of a sixty after the first
ten minutes, but flamed out. Messed up once when N6RO called and froze, then
went back to K4RO and then Ken was gone of course. Liditis on my end.

Nice to hear quite a few new operators (for me) on including N5DO from West
Texas, K4EJ, K5UV, KU5D, K7ZSD, etc.

Stations worked the most:

7 W5JAW
5 VA3NR
4 N5DO, KO7X
3 W9RE, N6ZFO, N4AF, K7ZSD

Tnx to NCCC and the FB ops for the greatest 30 minutes in the hobby.

Jim N3BB