[3830] NCCC Sprint(7-14) K4RO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ro@k4ro.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint(7-14) K4RO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 21:41:57 -0700
                    Thursday NCCC Sprint Ladder (7-14)

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): .4
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0
   80:   5
   40:  13
   20:  24
-------------------
Total:  42    100  Total Score = 4,200

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Boy what a disaster! :-)   I thought I had the station re-assembled
after W1AW/4.  I even made several NAQP RTTY practice QSOs with N1MM,
which I finally have working again for RTTY contests.  Then with a
minute to go, I re-booted into DOS to woth the NS with TR-Log.

As for the Sprint, I didn't make a solid QSO for several minutes.
My paddle was not hooked up, I'd not progeammed the F-keys correctly,
and I conldn't remember ":" for keyboard CW. It was a MESS! I left
several QSOs "blowing in the wind" and I apologize. Thank goodness it
was a scrimmage!  I never recovered from the fumble, but I stuck it out
because it was after all, on 30 minutes long. Very sorry guys!

The July short skip was hot.  K4BAI was S9+10 dB on 20 meters.
Actually, John was loud on all bands here for a change. I never
worked a single TN station, which was unusual. The whole contest
could have probably been on twenty meters if we wanted it.

The NCCC is quite an inspiration to me.  You guys are the best
for sponsoring these NS bursts of fun, not to mention the various
practice runs.  If I wasn't a card-carrying TCG man, I'd join NCCC!

73

-Kirk  K4RO