[3830] IOTA W7WHY SO(A)12CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7why@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] IOTA W7WHY SO(A)12CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2006 14:54:44 -0700
                    IOTA Contest

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: SO(A)12CW HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 3.6

   80:
   40:
   20:   87      13       0        0
   15:
   10:
Total:   87      13       0        0  Total Score = 5,733

Club:

Comments:

First time I played in this contest and it was fun.  Score says 13 mults, but
think it was 13 IOTA stations, not mults.

Conditions not so hot on the West coast, but did manage to work some DX
stations.  Twenty seemed to be open most of the day and into the night.  Worked
about 50/50 dx and stateside stations.  With the A index at 27 when the contest
started, didn't figure to get much DX.  I called about 20 CQ's for every answer
I got.  This is the first time I have had so many stations come back that I JUST
could not copy.

For some reason, most of the Eu. stations were just about ESP level here.
Except for RD3A, who was burning a hole in the band almost everytime I heard
them.  Very loud in Oregon.  Thanks for the Q's and now, we're off for a 2 week
camping vacation.
73
Tom W7WHY

TS-450SAT + SB-200 ~300 watts.
HB 2 el monobander for 20
N1MM Logger (super program--worked perfect)