[3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nx5m@txcyber.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NX5M M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 00:13:24 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M, N5XJ, KU5B, AB5K, KB5ZFO
Station: NX5M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   16    10
   80:  127    39
   40:  693    59
   20:  838    66
   15:  230    51
   10:   51    23
-------------------
Total: 1955   248  Total Score = 484,840

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

For weeks we have seen no rain or thunderstorms.  Today....we had one heading
right for us.  Luckily it started falling apart as it approached the station.
But it was close enough that we heard some thunder along with a rain shower.
Power was suddenly knocked out so we had to restart everything but we only lost
about 5 minutes of operating time.
Nice to have KB5ZFO come out and operate with us for the first 5 hours.
AB5K operated his first NAQP here.
KU5B got some extended chair time since this was to be his last contest for
quite some time as he leaves next week for college in Alabama.
N5XJ spent a lot of time dealing with the noisy conditions on 40.
160 here was brutal!!!  Static crashes up to 10 over 9 made it really hard to
hear.  Our first move to 160, or attempt to move to 160 I should say, was a
bust.  I could not figure out why no one could hear me.  Finally figured that I
should go out and check a connection at the antenna that I had recently worked
on and eventhough it seemed to be good I re-worked it just in case.  But before
walking back to the shack I figured I had better check the main feed out in a
junction box just to make sure I connected it.  Well, I had forgotten to
connect it.......man did I feel like an idiot!  By the time I had 160 going it
seemed that everyone that was there when I WANTED to move to that band was
already gone.  So I felt like I had missed out on a decent crop of stations
that could have been worked.  The rest of the times we went to 160 we just
could not hear through the noise.  I know people were calling and it was
frustrating to me to not be able to hear them.
Much better qso numbers than I expected.  Only two hours of rates less than 100
(95, 82) with the next lowest hour being 135.
Rates:
1800-1900  255
1900-2000  198
2000-2100  186
2100-2200  135
2200-2300  95
2300-0000  149
0000-0100  180
0100-0200  201
0200-0300  167
0300-0400  165
0400-0500  142
0500-0600  82

486 qsos more than August 2005 and 51 more mults (thanks to 10 and 15).

Great fun this time!