[3830] CaQP K6EZ(KX7M) SOCntyExp LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, radio@kx7m.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6EZ(KX7M) SOCntyExp LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 11:26:53 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6EZ
Operator(s): KX7M
Station: K6EZ

Class: SOCntyExp LP
QTH: GLEN
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

  160:   31      9
   80:  107     54
   40:  161     21
   20:  319    154
   15:  219     87
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

After a last year's disaster in Lassen county, the Glen county expedition was a
fair success. It was raining hard on Thursday, so I had only Friday to setup:
160m Inv-V @ 60ft
 80m CW Inv-V @ 60ft
 80m SSBInv-V @ 50ft
 40m 2el wire beam @ 40ft
 10/15/20 Spiderbeam @ 30ft

During the contest, generator was failing every 2-3 hours, and I had to take
few breaks. Sorry to stations who called me in the middle of power loss. At one
time, I had to clean carburetor, spark plug, etc.
Another problem was the RF getting into my audio, so my QSO count on phone
suffered.

15m was a nice surprise (someone said it will be a useless band). It is nice to
work a couple of EU's on 15 and 20 with 100W.

Missed VE5, and it took me a long time to work RI, VT, and MT. It is good to be
active from Northern California national forest, at some 6000 ft elevation,
overlooking the Central Valley. CU next year from some other mountain...

73, Denny KX7M