[3830] IlQP N9Q(N8XX) Portable LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] IlQP N9Q(N8XX) Portable LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:35:13 -0700
                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: N9Q
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N9Q

Class: Portable LP
QTH: CHAM/DOUG/EDGR/VERM
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:       0      0
   80:     368      0
   40:     584      0
   20:      68      0
   15:       0      0
   10:       0      0
    6:       0      0
    2:       0      0
------------------------
Total:    1020      0  Mults = 86  Total Score = 175,440

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Great Propagation Conditions on 40 and 80!  Almost Nil on 20.  Rig was Drake
TR-5, keyed with a Dell laptop, using N3FJP software.  This was powered by a
1200 W generator.   The inverted V (80 Meter dipole @ 32', with included angle
of 120° stood up to the wind very nicely, and got out remarkably well.   But,
weather was the nemesis - High temperature reported was 48°F, but with wind of
25 MPH, and gusts higher, the temperature seemed absitively frigid.  Should have
brought a winter tent instead of a dining canopy.  Thanks to local ham, Bruce,
K9LOF who helped with a makeshift windbreak plus physical and moral support in
helping to set up and and tear down, plus some checking in every few hours to
make sure I wasn't frozen to the keyboard!  Actually, I took 10 minutes or so
off every hour to warm up with the heater in my car. That took time off the
actual operating time.  TNX to WN9O for VERMilion , and N8II for WV very near
the end of the 12 hours.

73 de n8xx/N9Q during ILQP