[3830] CQWW SSB K6GEP SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K6GEP SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 16:44:43 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Orange County, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:   12     6        6
   40:   47    17       25
   20:   74    14       22
   15:   38    10       21
   10:    9     5        9
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I've made contacts in CQ WW without entering for about 20 years, and
this is my first time to actually compete.

Propagation and condix were frustrating Friday night and Saturday morning.
Things got better Saturday night and Sunday.

20m was a huge disappointment for me.  It was good to see my old friend
10m open a tad.  15m was a big surprize with the activity.  I worked
no Europe this contest (except Azores).  Best DX for me was CU2 on 40, that
I earned from screaming for 15 minutes straight.

I hope to have inverted vee up to 65 feet for CQWW CW.

Rig:  FT-990
Ant:  Alpha Delta DX-CC multiband dipole up 20 feet.
Software: N3FJP - absolutely a godsend for assisted mode!