[3830] CQWW SSB DR5A M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, df1lon@gmx.de
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB DR5A M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:33:23 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: DR5A
Operator(s): DB9EX, DF1LON, DK2CRN, DL1ECG, DL1ELY
Station: DR5A

Class: M/S HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  129     6       42
   80:  334     9       61
   40:  270    22       88
   20:  717    36      125
   15:  435    33      122
   10:  194    16       82
------------------------------

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Not many of you already new DR5A. The Call is mainly used for VHF Contest
operation from our portable location. After a rather successfull VHF and up
season we decided to make our first M/S entry from that location. On Friday
morning we set up our small portable contest station:

Running Station:
FT1000MP + AL80b
FB-33 (3ele 20m/15m/10m) 12m up
Windom (160m/80m/40) 80m long and 16m up
Vertical 40m

Multi Station:
FT1000MP + Acom 1010
R7000 (40m-10m)

We are satisfied with the score compared to our small setup. What we missed
several times was a second beam for the Multi Station. On day two it was very
difficult to get the rare and needed multis. Sometimes we switched the beam
from the running station to the multi station which results in a very loud
"ahh": signal increases from S1 to S7 and only one call was needed to log a
certain station.
Very high local noice on 160m of S9. We could not realy find the source as
there are green fields, green fields and green fields around us. But we have
some wind turbine near to us and maybe they cause that noice floor.
High band conditions on Saturday were very good and we even logged US on 10m.
On Sunday not a single US station was heard on 15m and rather low US rates even
on 20m. Very nice Sunday evening 10m opening to Zone 8, 9 and 10.

http://www.dr5a.de/
73 de DR5A