[3830] SS SSB N0YY SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, reheinri@rockwellcollins.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N0YY SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 05:27:17 -0800

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Rig:

FT-1000MP
Alpha 99

80M Delta Loop @ 70'
Cushcraft X9 @ 72'
Cushcraft R7

Well this is different than all others!  Lost all 40M capability one hour
before the contest.  Something happenend to the 40M beam and the R7 went
silent.  Hmmmm...  Nothing in common - Oh well, was time challenged for this
weekend anyway.

So with no 40M capability I just thought I would hand out a few Qs.  Was only
able to operate about 7 hours because of other unplanned challenges.  Missed
easy close in sections (CO!) and others because of the lack of the right band.
The 80M Delta Loop does not like the phone end of the band so that was another
challenge.

Anyway - had fun and handed out a few Qs.  Now to fix the antennas fast!