[3830] TBDC W0BH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC W0BH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 13:28:05 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 351  Total Score = 1,098

Club:

Comments:

After resting up a bit from the RAC Winter Contest, jumped into a crowded 160m
band and kept nicely busy with hourly rates over 100 for the first couple of
hours. Twelve year-old Coel visiting from Langley BC still hadn't had enough
after the RAC, so she found and colored in grid squares on a grid map and tried
to pick out numbers in call signs and grid squares during the exchanges (see my
RAC post for more about Coel!).

Looking at Coel's map, I count 161 grids worked, perhaps a quarter west coast,
a quarter midwest, and half east. My first > 5 pointer came from PJ2 (9
points), then I really got hopeful when two KH6 (12 points) stations called in
almost back to back.  Shortly afterwards, the band got quite a bit noisier
making the remaining Qs a lot more difficult.

Thanks to all for the Top Band Qs .. we'll look for you again on 160 later in
January!

HNY and 73, Bob, w0bh