[3830] BARTG K9MUG SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9mug@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG K9MUG SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:53:25 -0700
                    BARTG Spring RTTY Contest

Call: K9MUG
Operator(s): K9MUG
Station: K9MUG

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 16

   80:  228      25         18
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total:  228      25         18  Continents = 5  Total Score = 49,020

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

The new 80M antenna makes these single band efforts fun and not too demanding.
Condx not very good-- qrn and poor props, but it was still successful. My big
complaint is the situation of RTTY frequencies on 80!!! There are none. What
was once a spacious and relatively uncongested band is now a disaster!!!
Where did all these weird signals come from?? They are loud, broadbanded, and ,
in many cases, unattended buzzbombs just waiting to be activated. I doubt that
many are actually sending out any information. I suspect the UNRTTY crowd of
putting them there just to qrm us. Oh well, if it were easy, it wouldn't be
fun. Thanks to all who qso'd. Biggest surprise of the contest-- ZD8I calling
me--TNX. I noticed a lot of the EU regulars were in the RU contest.

73 to all,
Darrell