[3830] NCCC Sprint W5JAW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, japar630@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint W5JAW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 07:22:52 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Apr 13

Call: W5JAW
Operator(s): W5JAW
Station: W5JAW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): .5

  160:   2      2
   80:   8      6
   40:  16      9
   20:  15      8
-------------------
Total:  41     25  Total Score = 1,025

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I found conditions much tougher than the last two weeks.  I got beat in most
tossups on all bands, and had few freebies on second part of couplets.  So, it
was a matter of lots of QSYing and grinding to come close to previous efforts.

Also had another glitch with WL.  After I called Ken, N6RO, on 40m I somehow
managed to close the current file.  After Ken sent his exchange, I hit my Fn
key to send mine and nothing happened.  I looked up at a blank WL screen!
Thought I had lost the whole first 15 minutes.  I was able to re-open the file,
and everything was still there.  Have not found any key combo to duplicate this
since.  Sorry, Ken.  Seems like one thing after another with WL lately.  May
try N1MM if this keeps up.  Maybe some of the recent Windows updates are
messing things up.

I decided to try 160 at the end.  Probably not worth it, as QRN was horrible.
Also, this move requires me to go out on the deck outside the shack to move a
couple of clip leads on the base of the micro-vertical to shift from 80 to 160,
so lose time there.

Congrats to our local rising star, N9NB, on a great performance.  I'm sure that
he will leave me in the dust by next session.

Jim, w5jaw