[3830] Rus RTTY VA7ST SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Rus RTTY VA7ST SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 20:42:35 -0700
                    Russian RTTY WW Contest

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): ~10

   80:   12    60     2
   40:   64   365    11
   20:  165  1060    48
   15:    1    10     1
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  242  1495    62  Total Score = 92,690

Club:

Comments:

Gear used for Russian RTTY:

* FT920 + SB221
* N1MM Logger + MMTTY (logger had a problem keeping oblasts in the Exch -- it
field kept reverting to zone. I'm sure the problem will be found and repaired
for next year. Just had to manually enter the oblast before saving the QSO).
* 3 ele. yagi @ 45'
* 40M half-squares
* 80M full-wave delta loop E-W

Performed better than last year on 20M and 40M. 80M about the same. Found LS1D
on 15M and that's all there was from up here, though I was spotted by LW9EOC as
being loud (never worked anyone despite the kind spot).

Mults were WAY up on 20M and 40M. High power allowed some rate at times.
Participation didn't seem all that great, but quite a few new calls worked. Had
hoped for a solid EU opening, but Saturday's 20M opening was very thin. Even
US/VE stations were in the mud on 20M Saturday.

Saw more than the usual number of folks answering CQ with a full exchange. If
there are multiple callers, sending an exchange in reply to a CQ hurts everyone
on the frequency. Next time out, I'll set up a macro to educate them on that...
"PSE EXCHANGE ONLY AFTER I GET YOUR CALL" or something. Ideas? I'm inclined not
to work 'em (heh, fat chance of that). Today, after the guys gave me a quick TU
with no exchange where it should have been, I just asked for NR? NR? so they'd
have to feel what it's like to send the info in the right order.

Gearing up for some fun September contesting. NA CW Sprint beckons, then SAC
CW, Salmon Run, CIS DX CW/RTTY, CQWW RTTY... and a couple other state QSO
parties to play around in. Might even try a few Qs in WAEDX SSB and NA Sprint
SSB if I can find a microphone around here...

Thanks for the contacts and to Russian Radio for the test.

Last year, for comparison:
2006    Band    QSOs    Pts  Cty   Sec
         3.5      14     70    2    0
           7      32    165    3    0