[3830] CaQP VA7ST SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP VA7ST SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2007 15:29:02 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    1      0
   80:   75     23
   40:   60     17
   20:   86     52
   15:    2      0
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  224     92  Mults = 52  Total Score = 44,512

Club:

Comments:

* FT2000 + SB-221 amp
* N1MM Logger
* 3-ele. tribander at 45'
* 40M half-square
* 80M delta loop
* 160M inverted-L (80'V, 45'H)

Had a good time. Conditions on 20M were OK to California from BC, but not good
on 15M -- just a bit too close in. CQP from BC means being heard off the side
of east-pointed yagis, and I noticed quite a difference in Q totals this year
running a little more power.

Found 40M fairly good, and 80M was very good to CA until later in the evening
when the noise crept up. Not many on 160M -- worked almost all I could hear,
anyway (thanks AD6E). Enjoyed working some phone this time out. All the gear
ran well -- new rig works FB. Seemed to have no trouble being heard when S&P
CW, but only ever got a handful of replies when I tried calling. Didn't try
calling on phone this time, but will put in some hours CQing next year.

Don't know what VE7SZ ended up with, but he was over 1K Qs last I heard him on
20M. I know how soft a lot of W6 signals were like here, so that's a heck of a
feat from BC!

Ended up with 52 counties, tying my best from 2004. Heard TUOL on sideband once
but he S&P and gone. Never heard COLU, SISK, LASS, MEND, or YOLO. Sure
appreciated the K6AQL/M Qs (they called in with BUTT late Saturday for a nice
surprise). Thanks to all for the Qs, and to NCCC for a first-class event.