[3830] JARTS K0RC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0rc@pclink.com
Subject: [3830] JARTS K0RC Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:37:10 -0700
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: K0RC
Operator(s): K0RC
Station: K0RC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   80:   68   137    16
   40:  114   238    24
   20:  373   921    71
   15:   57   160    29
   10:    2     6     2
-------------------------
Total:  614  1462   142  Total Score = 207,604

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Comments:

With a couple of contacts on 10m and over 50 on 15m, it was a tantalizing look
into the future when we will have real propagation again, in a few years!

There were 4 contests playing this weekend which limited my time in any one of
them.

The 20m band was packed with signals and at times even my 250 Hz filter wasn't
enough to separate the stations! The IC-756 Pro III rtty filter was a
life-saver in those situations. When using that filter, the ambient audio is
difficult to listen to for extended periods of time, but the performance of the
filter is certainly worth the momentary irritation!

A big thank you to the Japan Amateur Radio League for their sponsorship of this
RTTY contest and the efficient log submission procedure. Also my thanks go to
all the participants who tried to make it into my log. I hope I didn't miss
anyone!

It's educational to analyze the AGE information from the JART logs. Some
results have been posted on the rtty@contesting.com reflector. Here's the stats
from my log of 621 entries (7 dupes removed and callsigns only counted once when
calculating):

621 total; 220 USA; 401 DX - Logged stations
447 total; 251 USA; 226 DX - Unique callsigns
 64 total;   1 USA;  63 DX - Unique DXCC entities
 59 total;  46 USA;  52 DX - Unique ages
 13 total;  13 USA;  17 DX - Minimum age
 56 total;  59 USA;  53 DX - Average age
 89 total;  89 USA;  78 DX - Maximum age
 57 total;  60 USA;  53 DX - Median age (1/2 older, 1/2 younger)
 65 total;  65 USA;  43 DX - Most frequent age
 21 total;  21 USA;  15 DX - Occurances of most frequent age
  6 total;   2 USA;   4 DX - Age 00 received (YL/XYL)
 12 total;   4 USA;   8 DX - Age 99 received (Club)

Phil Cooper GU0SUP posted age statistics going back to 2000. His information
verifies the amateur radio population is aging, increasing from an average of
49 in 2000 to 54 in 2007.

CQWW DX Phone is next in a few days. CU!

73 de Bob - K0RC in MN