[3830] CQWW SSB W2IRT SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2irt@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W2IRT SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 20:27:20 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: New Jersey
Operating Time (hrs): 30.35

  160:   27     7       16
   80:   90    13       52
   40:  121    20       69
   20:  353    28      112
   15:  347    25      105
   10:  114    12       35
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Less time on this year that I'd wanted (about an hour less than last year). Even
though we're lower in the sunspot cycle than last year, conditions were vastly
better this time out and Saturday's nice 10m opening helped me score a personal
best-ever in CQWW in terms of both points and Q's. All in all, I racked up 17
more total countries and 5 more zones than in 2006.

We were lucky to have good weather here this year, which also played a big
part. In 2006 some severe thunderstorms on Friday night and 50-60MPH gusts on
Saturday meant the tower was down much of the first 24 hours.

The biggest surprise to me was 10 holding up despite an A-index in the teens
all weekend. 40 continues to be my worst band (by far) but I had great luck on
both 20 and 15, getting over 100 entities again on both. Again this year I had
no luck in running, but point-and-click operating yielded some decent rates
when conditions were good.

As always, the best operating event of the year. 73 to all!
Peter, W2IRT