[3830] CQWW SSB K7ZSD M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7zsd@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K7ZSD M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 17:55:52 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): KI7Y, NC7M, KR7X, W7ZB, K7GK, K9JF, K7AR, K7ZSD
Station: K7ZSD

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NW Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   10     6        7
   80:  148    25       41
   40:  284    27       50
   20:  746    30      109
   15:  332    25       67
   10:   11     7        8
------------------------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Another fun time had by all.  Really no equipment failures, antennas worked
good, the food was great, and the camaraderie was the best. Even the Oregon
football teams won. The HD TV was a big hit. As reported by many others, the
propagation sucked, especially on the low bands. One expects 10 and 15 to be
thin at this point, but no Europe on 40 or 80 meters. We heard OE1A, OH1TX, and
OH0B on 80, but the QRM there must have muted our signal.

We had a great crew here over the weekend, some coming and going, but I really
appreciate the tenacity of all here who stuck in there for a lot of slow rate.
We had only the first hour of the test with rate over a hundred, it was 130. Of
course, the yearly reduction of JA s continues. Only the VK s, and the BA s seem
to be on the increase. Very few Pacific Islands heard here, just not many
traveling that direction with the propagation so poor. Even stations here on
the west coast seem fewer, we lost two multis this past year, W7GG and NK7U
have taken down the towers. This affair may end up renaming as the Eastern
Seaboard â?? Europe contest.

Thanks to all who called in, the operators seem to get better every year. See
you in the next one��..Brad and the crew at Smoke Ranch