[3830] BARTG Sprint VA7ST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BARTG Sprint VA7ST Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:31:52 -0800
                    BARTG RTTY Sprint

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   80:
   40:   63    3
   20:  138   31
   15:
   10:
-----------------
Total:  201   34  Mults = 34  Total Score = 41,004

Club:

Comments:

* FT2000 + SB221 @650W
* 3 ele tribander @ 45'
* 40M half-square
* N1MM Logger + MMTTY

Lots of fun but seemed less than normal activity -- EU only opened very weakly
to British Columbia on Saturday morning with a handful of D, G, GMs and that
was all.

Have developed trouble with the computer's ability to handle running N1MM
Logger and MMTTY (a combo that makes RTTY contesting a pleasure). All of a
sudden, callsign detection takes a long time and makes me sound like a
long-delayed SO2R op, which I'm not. If you waited a few seconds for my
response, it's because the computer was taking forever to load your callsign
and key TX. A PIII 933 ain't quite enough these days.

Managed all six continents on 20M -- didn't think I'd get AF, but ZS2EZ was
once again the salvation here. This time of year he's like clockwork if I aim
the yagi at South Africa and call CQ around my local noon. Had a brief but
valuable run of JAs for Asia, and just KH6 for Oceania.

Score is far down from last year, but I figured conditions and available time
would do that.

See you next year, with sunspots in tow.

73, Bud, VA7ST

Year  QSOs Mult   Score
2008  201   34    41,004 (6 continents)
2007  299   58   104,052 (6 continents)